French Roast

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee

• “I quite enjoyed this! I got a sample at the NYC Coffee and Tea festival back in March and am only trying it. I’m not really a fan of coffee though so it probably wouldn’t satisfy a coffee drinker...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog – I keep scribbling notes as I go and then failing to type them up into coherent paragraphs. I had a nice big Sunday breakfast yesterday and wanted a cup of coffee with my meal. I can’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “Earlier in the year, I snagged a box of Teeccino’s Dark Chocolate on an insane clearance sale and immediately fell in love with the just-like-eating-a-candy-bar thick chocolate goodness. So, with a...” Read full tasting note

From Teeccino

Intense deep coffee notes from roasted ramon nuts create a robust, focused body (Formerly known as Maya Caffé)

Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramon seeds, natural coffee flavor. May contain trace amounts of almonds.

About Teeccino View company

I quite enjoyed this! I got a sample at the NYC Coffee and Tea festival back in March and am only trying it. I’m not really a fan of coffee though so it probably wouldn’t satisfy a coffee drinker as a substitute. However, this is easy to enjoy purely on its on merits. It tastes roasty and robust. Probably not as robust as real coffee. Maybe. Eh, what do I know? It’s also a bit malty from the roasted barley. I had mine with a splash of almond milk and agave. delicious dessert drink. I looked into buying some but this stuff is pricy! I think I’ll stick with tea for now. :)

I had a nice big Sunday breakfast yesterday and wanted a cup of coffee with my meal. I can’t really have coffee, so I thought I’d give this a shot instead.

I’d have done better drinking coffee. This just tastes like burnt chicory, with a hint of carob. I followed package instructions (brew 3-5 minutes using boiling water), so I don’t think the burnt taste can be attributed to user error. I found this thoroughly unenjoyable. I took a sip, was put off by the taste, ate until I forgot just how bad it was and decided to give it another shot, and was equally put off the second time. And the third. After that, I just poured out the rest.

Lucky this is a sample.

So, with a lucky-day $2 coupon from Natural Grocers, I decided to give a (cheap) trial run to their French Roast blend.

I am amazed—its color and texture remind me of the dark, stewed coffee my dad drank when he worked at the local post office when I was little. (He’d give me little sips just to watch me scrunch up my face.) I’ve never tasted a coffee-ier tea, and it’s decaf at that. This will be just lovely in a few weeks when there’s an honest-to-pete nip in the air.

ashmanra

I can smell it just from reading this. I hear the radio in my parent’s kitchen.

Lexie Aleah

I love Teeccino, the teabsg versions are also nice.