Fruity Pebbles Slenderizer

Fruit Green Blend
Fruity, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by The Tea Show

• “Backlog: This tea smells amazing. Very fragrant, nice floral tones and a strong fruity overtone. Even though the name of the tea evokes thoughts of the cereal – it doesn’t taste like it. But it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Green tea also helps with hunger. According to the canister, this one is a Slenderizer, which means that it suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism. Perfect! Also, now that I’ve scooped the top...” Read full tasting note
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 4 tsp Water: 750ml at 175°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 3 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: fruity, floral, vegetal Steeped...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was curious about this tea when I saw it in the Traveling Tea Box. It sounded like a fun blend, with pineapple, strawberry and passionfruit flavors and rose petals! The dry leaves smell sweet...” Read full tasting note

From Tiesta Tea

Fruity Pebbles is a blend of Chinese Sencha, Lung Ching, Pai Mu Tan, papaya bits, pineapple bits, rose petals, and strawberry bits.
They call it Slenderizer, because it’s supposed to help keep you looking and feeling fit by increasing your metabolism and curbing your appetite.

About Tiesta Tea View company

Backlog:

Even though the name of the tea evokes thoughts of the cereal – it doesn’t taste like it. But it is a sweet, fruity tasting tea, and I really enjoyed it. I like the combination of the pineapple, papaya and strawberry. It’s a really tasty blend.

Here’s my full-length review of this one: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/12/fruity-pebbles-green-tea-blend-from-tiesta-tea/

Also, now that I’ve scooped the top layer of leaves out and used them before, I now am getting more and more of the fruity part of it. It tastes sweet and tropical during the first steep, and then during the second steep it tastes just like strong green tea.

Yum yum. Excellent dieting tea!

Steep Information:
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: fruity, floral, vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, floral, slightly vegetal
Flavor: fruity, slightly floral, vegetal finish
Body: Light
Aftertaste: slightly grassy, should have used cooler water
Liquor: translucent yellow-green

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/08/tiesta-tea-loose-leaf-green-tea-fruity.html

I was curious about this tea when I saw it in the Traveling Tea Box. It sounded like a fun blend, with pineapple, strawberry and passionfruit flavors and rose petals! The dry leaves smell sweet and fruity with a hint of floral rose. The tea has a tropical fruit aroma. The flavor is lightly grassy and floral with a subtle fruity finish. The aftertaste is very strong, and I can pick out pineapple and passionfruit flavors. I added some sugar, but it gave it brought out more of the grassiness of the tea. I’m not sure if this tea is supposed to be named after the Fruity Pebbles cereal or not? I am not really getting a lot of the cereal’s flavor from this tea, but it is still a pretty nice cup of tea for the afternoon!

-Dry blend has large green tea leaves and twigs with pieces of dried fruit and rose petals.
-Dry leaves smell sweet and fruity with a hint of floral rose. Tea liquor aroma is of tropical fruit.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium yellow color.
-Light grassy and floral flavor with a subtle fruity finish. Strong, sweet and fruity pineapple and passionfruit aftertaste.
-Sweetener optional.
-Good tea. Sweet tropical flavor. Not reminiscent of Fruity Pebbles cereal.

Cold Brew!

So, I spent the better part of drinking this trying to figure out why it tasted so painfully familiar to me. It took the better part of 25 oz, but eventually I landed on the fact that it’s really similar to DAVIDsTEA’s Strawberry Shake! I mean, I even went and double checked the ingredients to see how much overlap there is… and there’s quite a bit.

This has the green base, papaya, and the strawberry. Only thing missing is the yogurt, and then of course this has pineapple and rose which the DT blend does not.

That makes sense to me because the sweet strawberry and papaya notes were both really present but I didn’t get the light creaminess that’s in Strawberry Shake. I do enjoy the creaminess in DT’s tea, so the absence was a bit odd. However, I think because of the additional pineapple the fruitiness in this tea is a lot more robust and distinctly tropical tasting so the trade off is more than worth it. I couldn’t taste the added rose, though.

Overall I liked this one! I thought it was fun and rather appropriately Spring/Summer flavoured. I do think the choice to name it after a cereal is kind of odd? I guess I’ve never had Fruity Pebbles before so I don’t know if the comparison is realistic, but nothing in this reminded me even remotely of cereal and I can’t see it going well with milk either. As a dupe for DT’s Strawberry Shake though, I think this COULD work if you were looking for that kind of thing.

mtchyg

You’ve never had Fruity Pebbles?! Oh man, my all time favorite kid cereal.

Roswell Strange

They’re not sold in Canada; at least, not easily. You can get them in some specialty stores though that sell foods exclusive to other countries. Can’t say I’ve ever gone to the effort though.

mtchyg

Well that makes sense then. Remind me if we ever swap to send you some Fruity Pebbles with the tea :)

First things first, I do not like hot green tea so my only experience is with this iced. And it’s pretty darned good. I made a 64 oz pitcher, so 4 tablespoons of tea. 8 Splenda packs. I like my teas on the sweet side. It’s nice and fruity, but you can still taste the nice green.

Thankfully I found it at Giant, so I can buy more without having to place an order with Tiesta.

The ingredients list Chinese sencha, Lunch Ching, ad Pai Mu Tan teas… not too sure if they are actually all in there because it doesn’t contain that taste. I was excited to try this because I wanted a sweet green tea, but this was only mediocre.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Loose leaf at the grocery store?! I couldn’t resist. This was an interesting cup. I LOVE tropical green teas, and I LOVE rose tea so I expected to really like this one. Unfortunately the combo doesn’t work as well as I was expecting, and it didn’t really agree with sweetener either. I’m a little perplexed by it. I’ll probably be sticking to fruity greens without the floral element after I finish the bag.

This is a very nice fruity green tea; very smooth, not bitter or artificial tasting. The leaves were good for 3 steeps, with decreasing fruitiness but still a nice green tea flavour.

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML