Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaMachine

• “Come for the medicinal properties, stay for the taste. That about sums up my experience. I was having a lingering cold so wanted ginger for my stomach, turmeric for my immune system, and black...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another from my exchange with AliceG! I was pretty dubious about this one since I find the current turmeric trend to be silly. Happily, the main flavor is a tasty, spicy ginger, and the turmeric is...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is THE best tasting tea I’ve had. That might be an exaggeration but this tea is seriously amazing. I’m not a big fan of tea in general unless there is a LOT of sugar or honey and lemon in it....” Read full tasting note
  • “Very enjoyable. I got it when I wasn’t feeling well and it helped with my throat. It was pretty sweet without having to add anything to it, which was nice. The turmeric dissolved better through the...” Read full tasting note

From Trader Joe's

Trader Joe’s Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea is a balanced blend of invigorating ginger and fragrant turmeric. Both are members of the Ginger Family (Zingiberaceae), and both have been enjoyed for centuries in the cuisines of South and Southeast Asia. This tisane is naturally caffeine free, making it easy to enjoy any time of the day.

About Trader Joe's View company

Come for the medicinal properties, stay for the taste. That about sums up my experience. I was having a lingering cold so wanted ginger for my stomach, turmeric for my immune system, and black pepper for inflammation, and found this tisane which combined all of them without having caffeine (I’m extremely sensitive to caffeine so hope to avoid it whenever possible). The bonus properties of licorice and citrus compounds were add ons I hardly wanted to refuse.

But what surprised me was the flavor. I was prepared for it to be overwhelmingly gingery as an unbalanced tea would be. I was prepared for that too-much-tumeric flavor. I was prepared to be drinking hot black pepper water. I was even prepared for the flavor of the turmeric and black pepper hot water concoction that I’d made myself (because those two in combination are a dynamite hedge witch medicine combo). But no. None of that. Instead, I got a pleasant, well rounded flavor that wasn’t dominated by any one thing at all; one might even say mild and mellow. The flavor is definitely unique, and I found it yummy in an unexpected way.

This would be my absolute favorite tea, but for the single-use plastic envelopes that each individual tea bag is wrapped in, within the box. If other boxes of turmeric/ginger/black pepper tea blends can manage paper wrappers or no wrappers to their bags at all, that tells me that this blend isn’t using the plastic envelopes for any purpose I would appreciate. I just don’t like the amount of landfill trash that one box of these tea bags produces since I know that there can be boxes of tea bags that produce no landfill trash. While this isn’t a tasting note, the plastic envelopes left a bad taste in my mouth, and so I’ve simply stopped buying this tea. Please, Trader Joe’s, do something about that!

Flavors: Broth

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

Another from my exchange with AliceG! I was pretty dubious about this one since I find the current turmeric trend to be silly. Happily, the main flavor is a tasty, spicy ginger, and the turmeric is only a sweet background flavor. I think I still prefer plain ginger tea, but I enjoyed this. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I may have had this one before, or at least we had a box of it in my house years ago. Trader Joe’s has a pretty nice line of teas. I usually find something to grab when I’m there.

This is THE best tasting tea I’ve had. That might be an exaggeration but this tea is seriously amazing. I’m not a big fan of tea in general unless there is a LOT of sugar or honey and lemon in it. My housemates aren’t big tea people either. But this tea. THIS TEA. We go through boxes of it so fast. It’s everyone’s favorite. It’s perfectly balanced with sweet, fragrant, savory and a very tiiiny bit spicy. You can let it steep for as long as you want (maybe even make a second cup with the same bag). It’s not as strong but still tastes pretty good. At under $3 for 20 bags, it’s very affordable and I’ll legit cry the day TJ’s stops selling it.

Very enjoyable. I got it when I wasn’t feeling well and it helped with my throat. It was pretty sweet without having to add anything to it, which was nice. The turmeric dissolved better through the tea bag then when I try and add it in myself. I’ll be getting it again next time I get sick.

Flavors: Ginger, Licorice, Sweet

Last night before going out I threw a couple bags of this in my travel mug with some hot water. It was so nice. It has that sweetness from the licorice, that warming feeling from the ginger and the hint of savory from the tumeric. I’m having more this morning steeped in warm coconut milk. Going to have to get some more of this soon at the rate I’m going through them.

After researching health benefits of Turmeric and Ginger – it was easy to see the rationale of adding this tea to my blends of favorite teas. This tea is not great by itself, but when I add this to the Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Herbal and Black Tea — the two are pretty AWESOME together! Love the taste of this. It is not much different than the Sweet and Spicy Herbal and Black Tea by itself, but this adds some added health benefits.

Google Turmeric and Ginger – and you’ll see why this is a great thing to add to the mix!