Citrus Zest, Floral, Fruity, Lavender, Orange, Soap, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

1 Tasting Note View all

From Trident Booksellers and Cafe Boulder Colorado

8.75
This Lapsang is made from older tea trees growing wild and uncultivated in the mountains of Fujian, China. Its character is subtle and complex. It has a nice creamy feeling, and strong aromatics suggestive of mint and lavender, accompanied by a caramel/honey sweetness and hints of orange citrus rind.

Typically known for its strong smoky flavors and aroma, this Lapsang tea from wild bushes was left unsmoked, allowing its sweet and rich natural flavors to shine. It was grown in China’s Wuyi mountains, an area famous for its high quality oolong teas, though which has in recent years developed a reputation for producing exquisite black teas such as this as well.

Origin – Fujian, China

Location – Tong Mu Guan

Elevation – 3,900ft

Harvest – 4/20/20

Cultivar – Wuyi Qizhong

Tastes Like – Lavender, Caramel, Orange Rind

Sold in one ounce increments

About Trident Booksellers and Cafe Boulder Colorado View company

1 Tasting Note

I was very tempted to add this one to Leafhoppers trade. I’m figuring this one out still because it can be flat gong fu. Very light on the bordering of being oolongy for me. The florals are almost soapy, but not unnatural. The lavender and orange rind definitely strike me, and its heavily viscous, but very light in the body. I slightly prefer this one grandpa/western because it’s denser and thicker that way. It does not last as long as other Tong Mu’s I’ve had, but its unique. I think I can get more out of it easily though if I take the time to study it.

Flavors: Citrus Zest, Floral, Fruity, Lavender, Orange, Soap, Sweet