Oolong Tea
Oolong
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

1 Tasting Note View all

From Trident Booksellers and Cafe Boulder Colorado

Grown between 5,900 and 6,500 feet in cold and foggy conditions, the Long Feng Xia is a very high grade and complex Taiwanese Oolong. There is a very crisp and floral flavor in the initial steepings, with an aftertaste of tart and sweet green apples. Later steepings are fuller with a pronounced vegetal character suggestive of bean sprouts, layered with floral and bready flavors. Not overly bold, the Long Feng Xia is a subtle and ethereal tea which emphasizes feeling, body, and persisting aftertaste. It rewards careful brewing and attention to detail.

Origin – Xeitou, Nantou, Taiwan

Harvests – Spring 2021

Varietal – Ching Xin

Tastes Like – Tulips, Fresh Baked Bread, Green Apple

About Trident Booksellers and Cafe Boulder Colorado View company

1 Tasting Note

Thank you Trident!

Insanely good and refreshing Long Feng. I got 9 great brews out of it gong fu yesterday, and was hooked. It had the pineapple skin, snap peas, and lemongrass sour floral notes I like, but this particular tea was extremely soft with its vegetals and more floral, and very sweet. The tulip and green apple notes were extremely present with some lettuce and melon in the notes. I can also see the fresh baked bread component-I’ve borrowed “scone” from eco-cha to describe the vegetals before, and it has a warm buttered bread mouthfeel in the texture that’s incredibly with the sweet and lightly tart notes.

I was hugging myself after drinking this, and I was actually late to a workout because of the euphoria of how much I enjoyed this tea. Should have gotten more of this one. More notes to come hopefully.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cream, Custard, Floral, Fruit Tree Flowers, Green Apple, Lettuce, Melon, Sweet, Tart

Leafhopper

Sounds like a winner! :) I sometimes describe those bready notes as cookies.

derk

This sounds pretty similar to the only Long Feng Xia I’ve knowingly had, from Whispering Pines, and which I don’t recall reviewing. It was like this weird mix of super squeaky (nuclear?)green fruity-whathaveyou notes, super sweet. In your experience, is this tea a good representation of LFX?

Daylon R Thomas

Absolutely it is. It’s extremely close to Whispering Pine’s Evergreen, but this one was a little bit crisper/more softer, whereas Evergreen had a little bit more cedar/vegetal notes and thicker. It could really just be a difference of season and brewing since I did use more leaves with Whispering Pines, but I am very happy with this one.