Coriander, Elderberry, Zhenshan Xiaozhong Tea
High
Fair Trade, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “Just aiming for a less artificially-flavoured tea last night, and happened to pick out this one. I’m not sure a smoky tea was the best choice for last night, but it’s pretty tasty this morning!...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks for this in your sale, TheLastDodo! I thought this sounded decent, as the base gets a high rating, but I’m not sure I like the base or the blend. I usually like smokey teas but this one...” Read full tasting note
  • “Out for lunch with my brother today. Vacation tomorrow. Strong cup of black tea for breakfast. I’m feeling positive about this day. I love the smoky aroma coming from this tea. I don’t smell...” Read full tasting note
  • “First tasting note? Ah, so much pressure! I wasn’t expecting to like this tea as much as I did. It smelled like hippie perfume. Nothing says yummy like drinking a bottle of essential oils! No, but...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea (Special)

wood + cocoa + elderberry + citrus + vanilla

Nurture #4 is the fourth in our line of seven premium scented teas.

Our partnership with Minneapolis-based Intelligent Nutrients comes from the shared philosophy that what you put in your body should be sourced with integrity and made with care. They grow many of their botanicals on their farm in Osceola, Wisconsin, where they have their own still for making essential oils. Like us, they seek to challenge industry standards to promote a healthier and higher quality lifestyle.

We are excited to work together to offer truly premium scented teas. The finest perfumers and the best tea farmers come together to create something new, thrilling and – of course – wholesome.

Intelligent Nutrients’ Nurture #4 is warm, cozy and balancing. We are using the Li Family‘s lightly smoked Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong black tea from the Wuyi Mountains as the base for a smoldering base to pair with certified organic Nature #4, and draw out the natural sweetness of the tea with elderberry and coriander. Like sitting by a crackling fire, this comforting blend brings warmth and balance.

Ingredients: Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong Smoked Wuyi Black Tea, organic coriander, organic elderberry, Intelligent Nutrients organic Nurture #4 (castor seed, lavender, orange peel, geranium flower, matricaria flower, yarrow, carrot seed)

Western Brewing
Use 4g of tea ( 1T ) in 6-8oz of fresh-boiled (205°F) filtered or spring water. Steep for 30 seconds in a brew basket or equivalent. Enjoy many infusions. Add about 20 seconds with each steeping, or to taste.

Iced Tea (Cold Brewing)
Use about 4 grams of tea for every 12oz of water. Combine with room temperature water in a covered vessel and refrigerate for 8-12 hours. Enjoy!

Iced Tea (Flash Chilled)
Use 1TB (5 grams) of tea in a 6-8oz vessel. Steep for 30 seconds with filtered boiled water. Fill a martini shaker (or equivalent) with ice, then add brewed tea and shake until well-chilled (usually 10-30 seconds). Pour out through martini-shaker top over fresh ice in a new glass and serve.

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

Just aiming for a less artificially-flavoured tea last night, and happened to pick out this one. I’m not sure a smoky tea was the best choice for last night, but it’s pretty tasty this morning! Nice, sweet smokiness; I’m not picking out other flavours today, though I know this tastes different from the straight base tea (softer, sweeter). Like a gentle, warming campfire in a mug.

Thanks for this in your sale, TheLastDodo! I thought this sounded decent, as the base gets a high rating, but I’m not sure I like the base or the blend. I usually like smokey teas but this one isn’t for me. It’s not too smokey but the black tea itself is light. The other ingredients weren’t very noticeable but otherwise quite odd and didn’t seem to play well together. Hmm. Maybe I just don’t get these ingredients.
Steep #1 // 2 tsps // few minutes after boiling // 3 min steep

Out for lunch with my brother today. Vacation tomorrow. Strong cup of black tea for breakfast. I’m feeling positive about this day. I love the smoky aroma coming from this tea. I don’t smell the coriander, but I’m okay with that.

Second Steep
8 ounces water + 205 degrees + 1 minute, 15 seconds

Flavors: Smoke

First tasting note? Ah, so much pressure!
No, but seriously. That scent combined with the slightly sweet and smoky black tea like a charm. It wasn’t soapy or incense-y. I say give it a try if you can!

In depth-ish review here: