Laoshan Goji Leaf

Herbal Tea
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by derk
175 °F / 79 °C 5 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “The Great Goji Leaf spoke to me and It said, “Brew my children in the style of western. The minimum cost of admission is 2.5 grams (surely you can afford that; we’ll gladly accept 5 grams) placed...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea

A member of the Solanaceae family, the caffeine-free Goji berry plant (Lycium barbarum) grows wild across Northern China – including on the slopes of Laoshan in Shandong. Though the plant is most famous for its berries, its dried leaves have been a part of traditional medicine in China for centuries. Early this April, the He Family foraged young and tender spring goji leaves and carefully finished them just as they would their early spring reserve Laoshan green teas. We are so excited for the opportunity to share this latest experimental tea from the He Family!

About Verdant Tea View company

The Great Goji Leaf spoke to me and It said, “Brew my children in the style of western. The minimum cost of admission is 2.5 grams (surely you can afford that; we’ll gladly accept 5 grams) placed into the vessel. Open a kettle of water at the traditionally accepted temperature and brew the young leaf with timing similar to a baptismal dunking, immersing my offspring thrice in the font, a little longer each time. Take care not to drown the baby. Also, drink your veggies.”

Translation: I prefer this western. I found 2.5g to be the minimum amount of leaf needed for two to three 8oz cups of savory, peppery summer squash and broccoli stalk (stock?) broth. Brewed gongfu, in addition to the above, there was some mashed potato going on along with drop biscuit and a big, thick persistent sweetness. It all got kind of weird and unenjoyable after the fourth steep gongfu following Verdant’s parameters.

This herbal tea is filling, makes me sweat and gets me in the cozy mood.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 OZ / 236 ML
gmathis

Did your Great Goji leaf sound more like Darth Vader or Yoda? (Sorry, couldn’t resist :)

derk

Honestly, the Great Goji Leaf was voiced by Eddie Izzard.

Mastress Alita

…Taking the prisoners off to Al-ca-traaaz!