2017 Big Green Hype

Pu-erh Tea
Citrus, Floral, Herbs, Honey, Hops, Mineral, Peppercorn, Pine, Astringent, Bitter, Metallic, Plants, Sand
Edit tea info Last updated by leth

• “I was HYPED for this one! (you see what I did there?) Dry aroma and initial steeps are herbaceous, hoppy, and honeyed with pine, mineral, and dried flower notes. Soft and warm in the mouth,...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea came with the June/July? 2017 issue of the W2T subscription (which is a great tea subscription), and is also sold on their site. I first had this tea a lovely day, when i was feeling like...” Read full tasting note

From White2Tea

The 2017 Big Green Hype has a lovely fragrance and youthful strength. An excellent tea to drink on the daily, with plenty of depth and endurance for an entry level tea.

Drink now or age for the long haul.

This tea has been tested and passed the test for 440 of the pesticides and herbicides on the EU MRL list.

About White2Tea View company

I was HYPED for this one! (you see what I did there?)

Dry aroma and initial steeps are herbaceous, hoppy, and honeyed with pine, mineral, and dried flower notes. Soft and warm in the mouth, moderate bitterness and astringency. The profile shifts toward peppercorn and green vegetables. Starts to give me the brain tingles and in the cheeks as well. Later steeps become less interesting; milder with a citrusy note.

Good tea, if it stayed as good as the first couple steeps it would be excellent.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Herbs, Honey, Hops, Mineral, Peppercorn, Pine

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 90 ML
__Morgana__

I saw what you did there!

This tea came with the June/July? 2017 issue of the W2T subscription (which is a great tea subscription), and is also sold on their site. I first had this tea a lovely day, when i was feeling like having some sheng but not sure what exactly.

The scale showed around 5.7 grams if i reacll correctly. The pot is a 110ml Yixing that I use for various teas.

Double rinse, ~5 second first steeping, then a bit more with time. (about +5 each time perhaps, it wasn’t exactly messured or timed)

Some bitterness and astringency in the begining, but alright even for me that is not all to fond of too much bitterness or astringency. Behind that a hint of floral note, some mineralness and some smokiness. Perhaps a bit of sourness that is near undetectable but with more albeit very little sweetness and an somewhat oily soup that makes it all delightfull. For being this young it’s certainly very drinkable even in earlier steepings if you are just a little attuned to young shengs, but I suspect with my very limited experience that this will age very well aswell.

The bitterness disappears faster than the astringency with the steepings. Leaving a sandy, somewhat metallic mineralness alongside floral notes and a honey like sweetness. The soup is still oily in a way that gives a very full mouthfeel that is lovely.

Not many steepings after the bitterness disappears, the astringency mostly fades away, merely lingering to give an interesting dynamic with the sweetness and giving more way for letting out the mellow floralness that I can’t place or should I say plantyness, not sure exactly what it is but i like it. Either way it’s a really good young sheng. And it has an amazing Huigan that lingeres in the mouth for some time.

After that it has a taste the somehow reminds me of rhizome of the common polypody, which for those that haven’t tasted it is somehwat similar to licorice, yet not. And this taste is not quite like that of of polypody, and even further from licorice. But it has a certain rhizomic taste to it if that makes sense.

It reminds me of laying down and reading a nice book on a sandy beach at a small lake in scandinavian high summer. With the wind blowing slightly making sure the sun isn’t too hot.

I really like it, and I look forward to see how it ages, but will probably be impatient and it along the way many times – simply because it’s so good even without aging.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Floral, Honey, Metallic, Mineral, Plants, Sand

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 110 ML
gongpoo

dude rhizomatic taste, i dig that. i think that sometimes about teas

leth

Yeah, i get rhizomatic from time to time, mostly in sheng.