2018 Arbor White

White Tea
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “Arbor White is an impressive white tea that has a lot going on for it. However, I think it is not special enough for me given the price. Ultimately, I liked the Arbor Red more, which is why I got a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sampled this tea. It definitely offers a great depth of experience. Definitely very high quality. However, at this price and level of quality I would have preferred the tea to be less oxidized....” Read full tasting note

From White2Tea

Old arbor large leaf varietal tea that is usually destined to be made in raw Puer, picked and directly sun dried with no machine processing involved. We also have a black tea version of the same material.
Arbor white is deep and complex, thick tea with low tones and a subtle natural feel. This tea has a long development over the course of a session and can be a bit heavy. Not an ideal daily drinker, the Arbor white is better left for occasions where one can immerse themselves in this tea.

About White2Tea View company

Arbor White is an impressive white tea that has a lot going on for it. However, I think it is not special enough for me given the price. Ultimately, I liked the Arbor Red more, which is why I got a cake of that one instead. Nevertheless, the complexity is definitely there.

The aromas are fairly standard for a white tea of this kind – there are notes of autumn leaf pile, honey, petrichor and passion fruit. The rinse is sweet, fruity and woody with a pronounced apricot note. The complexity increases in future steeps. I can notice flavours of bark, stonefruits, lemon zest, egg shells, spices and copper in addition to those mentioned. The profile remains very balanced throughout the session. It is a comforting and smooth tea. The finish is somewhat sour and it extends into the aftertaste, which then makes it feel like the liquor stayed in the mouth.

The liquor has a medium body and is mouth-watering. The mouthfeel is very expansive, soft and a little chalky. It induces a tingling sensation in the mouth and I feel like it’s more interesting once the tea has cooled down a bit.

As for the aftertaste, I find it quite acidic and slick with a cooling sensation in the mouth. It is somewhat earthy and displays further notes of pumpkin spice and cake.

In none of the sessions with this tea I noticed any particular cha qi, which came as a bit of a surprise.

edit: And half an hour after I wrote that, I notice the music filling the room much more than normally, I feel elevated, and my writing looks as if I was dyslexic. The cha qi of this tea is a creeper that you mightn’t even notice because of the slow onset, but it’s quite pleasant overall.

Flavors: Apricot, Autumn Leaf Pile, Bark, Cake, Earth, Fruity, Honey, Lemon Zest, Metallic, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Passion Fruits, petrichor, Pleasantly Sour, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet, Wood

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Sampled this tea. It definitely offers a great depth of experience. Definitely very high quality. However, at this price and level of quality I would have preferred the tea to be less oxidized. It’s already pretty red and I feel like I already missed out on the lighter more delicate flavors it could have started with. Despite that, I would still buy a cake because it is a special tea and I enjoy it a lot and also it’s not high on my priority list of teas to buy. Worth sampling for sure.