2010 NAN JIAN "CERTIFIED ORGANIC WU LIANG MINI BRICK" RAW PU-ERH TEA

Green Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Pureleaf

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This brick is just that, a brick. Compressed too tightly and dry to break off a good solid piece. Comes off the brick in tiny particles which makes it quite a bitter brew. Very “chopped” leaves....” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Entirely certified organic material from Wu Liang mountain in Simao. Fruity and sweet with little astringency. This is a great high altitude organic tea with nice aroma and mouth-feel. Perfect for aging and affordable!

Spring 2010 material

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

This brick is just that, a brick. Compressed too tightly and dry to break off a good solid piece. Comes off the brick in tiny particles which makes it quite a bitter brew. Very “chopped” leaves. Think I’ll expose it to some humidity and see if i breaks better. First two steeps were not that bad but on the third the strong bitterness takes hold and doesn’t let go. I didn’t get past the fourth steep before jumping ship. It was a cheap small mini brick so I wasn’t expecting much. I wouldn’t really recommend this one as there are better offerings out there. This was my first “mini brick” so I’m not sure if they are all pretty bitter and chopped but I think I’ll stick with cakes when going small.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML