2014 Yunnan Sourcing Bang Dong Village Raw Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by boychik

3 Images

• “Another session with this delicious tea. A little more bitterness this time but probably because I used a prodigious amount of leaf. I continue to enjoy the creamy caramel notes in this one. On a...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a sample i got with my recent order. Thank you so much Yunnan Sourcing The dry leaves are gorgeous, long and twisted. Floral and hay aroma. 4.5g 50ml celadon gaiwan 200F rinse/flash...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Bang Dong Village (邦东寨) is located in the county Mengku, Lincang prefecture. Bang Dong is a small village situated at an altitude of 1600 meters. Our production is made entirely from the tea picked by one family’s small ancestral tea garden. The tea trees have 100-250 years of age and are growing naturally.

Tea from Bang Dong has many of the typical Mengku characterisitics… a high level of aroma, strong and pungent cha qi and kind of flowery aroma. When young this tea is somewhat astringent, with slight bitterness and a thick nutty sweet after-taste.

A total of 40 kilograms in total was produced. We pressed these tea cakes with a stone-press and used low-temperature drying to preserve the integrity of the tea.

Net Weight: 400 grams per cake (7 cakes per bamboo leaf tong)
Harvest time: Late March 2014
Harvest Area: Bang Dong village, Bang Dong county, Lincang Prefecture
Total Production amount: 40 kilograms

This tea has been tested in a certified laboratory and has passed the MRL limits for pesticide residues as established by the EU Food and Safety commission.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

On a different note, I’m glad to see that the change in seasons has resulted in an uptick in the steepster activity, or is it just me?

boychik

I’ve noticed too.

This is a sample i got with my recent order. Thank you so much Yunnan Sourcing

The dry leaves are gorgeous, long and twisted. Floral and hay aroma.
4.5g 50ml celadon gaiwan 200F
rinse/flash steeps/gradually increasing time
The tea is smooth, creamy, bitter, sweet, very little astingency. quick lasting huigan.
I was craving for some bitter sweet sheng and this one was perfect at the moment.

Doug F

Stop! My wish list is getting too long!

boychik

you should get a sample at least. As a learning experience lol

Kirkoneill1988

i shall try this someday