2015 Yunnan Sourcing "Autumn Bang Dong Village"

Pu-erh Tea
Pu Erh Tea
Floral, Fruity, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Apricot, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 8 g 4 oz / 123 ml

• “Drinking up the last of my sample from Liquid Proust’s Sheng Olympiad. The wet leaf has a pretty strong scent. I would describe it as herby, a little bit vegetal, with a kind of candy sweetness to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Second thing I’m trying from the #shengolympiad2017. I spilled most of the first steep, which I’m quite upset about, because what I did get to have of it tasted really good. Sweet and fruity, with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Drinking this from Liquid Prousts Sheng Olympics. I think I own the spring version of this. This is a very tasty raw tea with very little bitterness and an overall sweet note that you would...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Drinking up the last of my sample from Liquid Proust’s Sheng Olympiad.

The wet leaf has a pretty strong scent. I would describe it as herby, a little bit vegetal, with a kind of candy sweetness to it. I don’t smell apricot or tartness in this one.

The first steep is strong in body with a little bit of upfront bitterness. Overall flavor is fairly light, mostly floral and vegetal. In the second and third steeps, the bitterness tends to build up in a tongue-coating way. I’m essentially flash steeping but still finding quite a bit of bitterness.

10 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

Second thing I’m trying from the #shengolympiad2017. I spilled most of the first steep, which I’m quite upset about, because what I did get to have of it tasted really good. Sweet and fruity, with a floralness that develops over a couple of steeps. Smooth, thick mouthfeel that becomes more viscous and mouth-coating throughout the session. This is a good one, and only a year old, so I definitely look forward to trying the 2010.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Smooth, Sweet, Thick

Boiling 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Drinking this from Liquid Prousts Sheng Olympics. I think I own the spring version of this. This is a very tasty raw tea with very little bitterness and an overall sweet note that you would probably call apricots or stonefruits. It was good overall. It did have a bit of a sour note in there but not much.

I steeped this eight times in a 150 ml gaiwan with 8.1g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, and 30 sec.

Flavors: Apricot, Stonefruits