"Light Roast" Premium AA Grade Ben Shan Oolong of Anxi

Oolong Tea
Creamy, Grain, Mineral, Roasted Barley, Rye, Smooth, Toasted Rice
Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Moran

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was pretty sure I had reviewed this before, but oh well. ~80 deg. C for 4.5 minutes, ~1 tbs leaf in 600mL hot water. 2016 harvest I’m watching this great documentary called “The Raw and the...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

This roasted tea is made from Premium “AA” Grade Ben Shan oolong of Anxi county, Fujian. The tea was roasted for about 6 hours at a temperature of about 48C. This roasting gives the Ben Shan a nutty and sweet taste.

There is a slight milk aroma (nai xiang) that is present when brewed.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

I was pretty sure I had reviewed this before, but oh well.

~80 deg. C for 4.5 minutes, ~1 tbs leaf in 600mL hot water.
2016 harvest

I’m watching this great documentary called “The Raw and the Cooked” about traditional Taiwanese cooking and I feel the need to drink oolong now. I know this one is from Anxi, China, however it is the only oolong I have with me.

This light roast smells more like a medium roast and gives a bit more of a toasted grain and mineral flavour to it. The roasted flavours in oolongs are always difficult to desribe, but I guess it is similar to toasted barley or whole grain toast. There is a bit of creamy mouthfeel, but not as much as one would hope for from a jade oolong (does a roasted oolong count as a jade oolong? idk what counts).

Flavors: Creamy, Grain, Mineral, Roasted Barley, Rye, Smooth, Toasted Rice