Wu Dong Chou Shi Dan Cong Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Floral, Fruity, Grass, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet, Vegetal, Asparagus, Fruit Tree Flowers, Peach, Raspberry, Sugarcane, Sweet, warm grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

5 Images

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is a new style of processing Dan Cong that shares some similarity to Anxi Tie Guan Yin. The tea is picked, and before it can wilt it is fried to start kill-green process in motion, the tea is then rolled briefly by hand and then put in a special dehydrator to stop the wilting process entirely. The result is a very green and very aromatic dan cong. The tea also has a very sweet taste, with some vegetal almost Tie Guan Yin like feeling.

High quality, hand-picked Spring leaves were used!

Area: Wu Dong mountain of Guangdong province

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Yesterday was a YS Dan Cong day. I drank the following teas:
Honey Orchid “Mi Lan Xiang” Dan Cong Oolong Tea * Spring 2018
Winter 2018 “Snowflake Duck Shit Aroma” Dan Cong Oolong Tea
Wu Dong Chou Shi Dan Cong Oolong tea * Spring 2018
Classic “Mi Lan Xiang” Dan Cong Oolong Tea * Spring 2018

Yixing teapot, 6g, temperature varied, rinse, 13 steeps, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 1m, 1m30s, 2m, 2m30s, 3m

Wu Dong Chou Shi was my favorite of all of them. For one, I’ve never had such a green Dan Cong before. Togo wrote a great review on it. It was reminiscent of a great TGY in that it was very green, grassy, fruity, some floral but not perfumey as the other Dan Congs. It was a nice thick, creamy, viscous mouth and throat feel with a sweet aftertaste. Like TGY it had some sour notes but it was subtle and delicate.

I’m seriously falling behind writing reviews but I’ll try to catch up. I have a lot of each so when I revisit them, I think that’ll be a good time to do it.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Grass, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet, Vegetal

6 g 4 OZ / 130 ML

Drinking this again…

…still my favourite tea :D

tanluwils

Super green oolongs always seemed more like green teas without edge unless done right, like, say, a good Da Yu Ling or Li Shan oolong, but this one sounds interesting. I’ll have to try it!