Zach's Breakfast

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Zadiko Tea Co,

Zach’s Breakfast is wake-up tea here to jumpstart your day and get your body feeling great. Let this tea wrap your body in a tight hug and tell you everything will be alright. Then experience the radical energy and clarity of mind needed to kick today’s tuchus (that’s yiddish for butt). Whether enjoyed hot or iced, you just found your new favorite black tea. Now go be awesome, today’s your day!

Note: all our teas are loose leaf :)

Ingredients: Assam black tea, turmeric, ginger, sarsaparilla, and a dash of love. Contains caffeine. Organic. Loose leaf tea!

1.5oz Average 15+ cups
206 degree water
1 tsp per 8oz water
3-5 min steep

About Zadiko Tea Co, View company

1 Tasting Note

Couldn’t resist buying the two teas from Zadiko Tea Co/Zach from Try Guys notoriety – even though neither of the flavours actually sounded particularly like something I would enjoy. It’s one of those SUPER RARE times that a Youtuber that I like actually has merchandise that falls into my category of interest, so I felt like I had to support…

I will say, even for Youtuber Merch standards, this was very expensive tea. When you compare it to anything else in the commercial market with a similar profile, of which there are MANY teas because neither of these two flavours are particularly unique at all, it’s crazy over priced. I know they’re Organic & part of the shipping cost is clearly built into the pricing but even still it’s high. More “experienced” (for lack of a better word) tea drinkers will know that, but the more “casual” (again, for lack of a better word) fans of The Try Guys who aren’t familiar with LLT or know there’s comparable tea already on the market probably wont fully understand how much this is marked up – and in a way that’s saying something because the mark up on tea in general is already pretty ridiculous…

Anyway, all of that aside, the tea is pretty good if you’re a fan of the spices in the blend. I am not. It’s just a really intense, spicy ginger with a hearty punch of earthy turmeric. I do not like ginger, but if I did I think I’d feel pretty satisfied with the level of intensity and how naturally “zesty” the ginger is. I think it fits appropriately in the “breakfast tea” category because is has the boldness that most breakfast teas do, which is sort of good for shocking you awake with flavour. It would also probably take nicely to milk.

My main thing, aside from the overpricing and the fact that it’s just not a flavour profile that speaks to me personally, is that the one thing in the blend I actually thought would appeal to me (the sarsaparilla) wasn’t noticeable at all. I really wish I’d actually been able to pick up on that flavour, it would have been such a nice offset to all of the spices!