How i got it: Bought it (Dilmah’s Variety Pack)

Experience: This isn’t a very complex tea, but is a nice one, though. Its characteristic aroma is what defines this blend the most: light to mild intensity with floral notes, similar to the ones from a Darjeeling, that nuance the typical Ceylon smell. Flavor-wise, this tea has a medium intensity, a clear and crisp taste, with notes that go more on the acidic side. Some muscatel and astringency at the end of the cup, and a honey-like aftertaste. Good duration an definition. Quite good

Would i buy it again?: Depending on my mood, yes. This is one candidate to be a permanent guest of my cupboard.

I’m from Chile, so that’s the reason of the weird english you’ll see in my comments from time to time hehehe…

I usually don’t include the details about brewing, but in case you wonder, i use the most common parameters (2g (~0.07oz) tea, 3 mins average, 100-80°C (212-176°F) depending of the type of tea). I also must confess, I’m not a full-blown purist: I like to drink my teas sweetened with sugar.

Black teas are my favorite (pure and scented), but i also enjoy greens from time to time.

Here in Santiago de Chile, i have access to tea by companies like Whittard, Zoe!, Lipton, Twinings, Dilmah and Basilur, in addition to national companies like Te Club, La Teteria or Te Supremo, so i’ll be writing mainly about these. In practice, however, i’ll register every new experience with the less known teas i’m finding from time to time, too.

Note: I just write one tealog by tea, so i try to keep them always updated as i drink to get a more accurate description.

Tea Rating Categories:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

91-100: Great to Exceptional tea. For some reason, it has impressed me. From now on, this tea will be very welcome in my cupboard.

81-90: Good tea. Maybe not outstanding, but it has something special. I would get some of this tea again.

71-80: Average. Not bad at all, but it could be better. Maybe i’ll think a bit before getting this tea again.

61-70: Under Average tea. Still tastes like tea, but doesn’t have much merit. Probably, i’m thinking from moving on from this to try other options.

31-60: Bad tea. This is when the road begins to go down. Not good, but not undrinkable. I have better options to buy than this.

0-30: Nearly undrinkable or undrinkable “tea”. I don’t know how i got to drink this, but clearly that was a mistake (or i am punishing myself for some reason). Any thought of buying this has vanished from my mind, forever.

Santiago, Chile