I thought I already reviewed this! Drank over the weekend, AT my computer. How silly of me.

Leather is an accurate description for this. Think worn, aged, black leather. None of that soft english leather. I believe this was my first Pu-erh blend I’ve had, and I think that lead to the smoky quality in this tea. It was very strong to me, relatable to black coffee (can you tell I’m new to tea?). But not bitter or biting.

I enjoyed it, and will be making a butter tea out of this in the future.

I discovered a love for tea when I started trying to eat healthier. I try to follow a Ketogenic diet (that a very low carb diet, more info here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto). It has solved so many issues for me. Ranging from Weight to Acne to PSOCs to my mood. Keto has saved my soul.

Downside? No carbs! The pleasure foods of our society are so damaging and so abundant. I needed to find something I loved and adored in order to remain on keto. One place that lacked for me was drinks. I used to be a diligent Mountain Dew drinker so converting to water was a horribly boring task. Tea fills that void and so much more.

I began with Adagio and their Fandom teas. My dorky English-major, video game, anime-loving heart was stolen. Then the collection-bug was struck and here I am. Estatic there’s a website that’s the equivalent of Scent base. (Did I mention my BPAL addition?)

I either drink my tea plain, or make it into Butter Tea. I’m seeking teas that are wonderful plain (without sugar/cream/etc needed). Right now I’m still VERY new to the tea-world, so am not positive what teas I prefer. We’ll find out!

My rating system, roughly:

100 = I will Marry You.
90-99 = Adore. Stockpile time!
70-89 = Good. Wishlisting this stuff!
50-69 = Decent, will finish my stock but not likely to buy again.
40-49 = Not a fan. Will try to sell/trade/give away my stock
00-39 = Crap. Maybe I’ll give it away. Maybe I’ll use it as fertilizer.

I’m also interested into getting into the trading scene! So feel free to contact me if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d be interested in swapping. I have an endless wishlist!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota