drank ButterBeer by Custom-Adagio Teas

I’m not sure why I reached for this tea this morning, but it tastes pretty good.

Yesterday afternoon, I mowed the lawn and because of the rains we’ve been having over the past week or so, there was a lot of pollen in the grass. I didn’t really notice it while mowing the lawn, but I notice it today… my throat feels like it’s swollen shut! UGH.

So maybe that is why I chose this tea today. I think when I went into the kitchen I wanted something that would be strong enough to overcome the sort of dulled feeling that rests on the back of my mouth today. I suppose if this tea doesn’t do the trick, I shall have to resort to the heavy artillery and get out some of my allergi-TEA. (Which I probably will do at some point this morning anyways, I just needed some caffeine first)

Despite the dulled sensation in my mouth, I can taste the notes of caramel and cream this morning, which is nice. I do wish that Adagio’s black tea base was not as harsh as it is, because I am also really getting the — shall I call it astringency? Tannins? Heavy starchy texture? For those of you who are familiar with Adagio’s black teas you probably get what I’m referring to, right?

Anyways, I do wish there was less of that this morning, because I am tasting it stronger than I usually do this morning. Hopefully as I make my way down the mug I will notice it less so that I can finish the cup.