drank Easter Tea by Dammann Freres

Can anyone tell me a bit about naranquilla?

Anyways… this tasting note is made possible because Doulton was so wonderful and sent a sampling of this tea to me.

The black tea is very smooth tasting and does not interfere with the flavors. The vanilla is sweet and creamy, and the chocolate is so yummy in this blend, and although it isn’t strong, I think that for this particular blend, it’s just the right amount (because, ordinarily, more chocolate is better) I can taste a hint of the marachino, and there is also a fruitiness to this tea that I guess I must attribute to the naranquilla because I don’t know what that is!

A very nice tea – would be a delightful dessert tea (or even a substitution for dessert!)

JacquelineM

I think it’s supposed to be a peachy flavor. I am curious too because I have a generous Doulton sample of this as well, but haven’t tried it yet. :)

May I ask – did you have this one with any additions? From your tasting do you think it might be good with milk? I ask because I have it sitting in my at work tea drawer which are all teas that I have without milk, but I’m thinking maybe it should go home where I have teas with milk…

LiberTEAS

It would be nice with milk but, I am drinking it without milk. I added a small amount of agave nectar to it to help bring out some of the flavors, just a tiny drizzle though, because it has a very nice sweetness on its own.

LiberTEAS

And… yeah, I can kind of taste like a peach-note. It’s sort of like candied peaches though. Like a peaches with almonds type of flavor, but sweeter.

JacquelineM

Thanks! I think I’m going to take it home and have it with a little milk and maybe a touch of sugar :)

Comments

JacquelineM

I am obsessed with tea!