Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a sampling of this to try.

This is a very good Earl Grey. As TeaEqualsBliss suggested in her tasting note on this tea, the bergamot IS a bit lighter here, it isn’t a strong, heady bergamot aroma nor a overly perfume-y bergamot taste. It tastes clean and fresh. It has a nice citrus taste that is quite lively and and delicious. The bergamot doesn’t try to overwhelm the black tea, which is in its own right rather mellow and smooth.

As I said, this is a very good Earl Grey – that being said, this is not a breakfast Earl Grey, or a start of the day Earl Grey. Instead, this makes for an excellent afternoon Earl Grey – perfect to serve at afternoon parties. A very pleasant cuppa.