drank Assam Sessa/Hajua by Tea Licious

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea. This is a really unusual Assam – it has a wine-like note in it that I found quite startling at first … it made me do a double check with the label to make sure I was tasting an Assam. I did not expect a strong wine-like character to this. It’s quite delightful though!

There are also the characteristics you’d expect from an Assam: malty and a deep, baked bread kind of taste with a sweet, caramel undertone, but, the wine-ish kind of fruit flavor gives the cup a sort of lightness … it’s not quite as heavy or harsh as some Assam teas might be. It is remarkably smooth and has a nice, wine-like finish that lingers into the aftertaste… it tastes like black currants! YUM!

My song that would go with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc