This tea has to be steeped “perfectly” for it to taste good and not bitter. First time I had this tea it was bitter but that’s because I used boiling/near boiling water. Here’s how to make the perfect cup:
I guessed on the water temperature scale (I don’t have a thermometer) but basically I boiled the water and then let it sit for several minutes (5-8) and then poured it over the tea bag in my mug. I timed the steep for exactly one minute.

The pear flavour isn’t overly fruity/sweet but you can definitely taste it.
The great thing about this tea is that it is the fastest steep of all my teas, it’s low on caffeine but a great ‘pick me up’ for the a.m., and using a lower water temp. meant that I didn’t have to wait for it to cool before drinking.

So don’t let the low Steepster rating talk you out of trying this tea. I purchased it on sale at the local health food store for $1.80 CDN – *TIP: watch for clearance sales on teas that only have a month or two before the expiry date. It’s a cheaper way to try new flavours.

Amanda Yorke

I followed your instructions and really enjoyed my first cup. =) I actually had to use a full teaspoon less sugar than I normally do. Thanks for the tips!

Comments

Amanda Yorke