Funny, the “chocolate notes” in this tea were more enjoyable to me than the Chocolate tea from Adagio (that I only gave 15 points). Adagio recommends 2-3 pearls per cup so I tried 3. I could have used 2 and would have been perfectly happy with the flavor, which I would describe as “medium” as opposed to a weak or strong flavor. I tried it without sweetener and with, and think I could comfortably drink it either way.

Watching the pearls unfurl into a seaweed-looking mass of dark brown leaves was kinda fun- so much so that I forgot to take them out. This tea’s earthy flavor doesn’t need to be strong for me to enjoy it. Next time I’ll use 2 pearls and take the leaves out earlier.

UPDATE: I’ve discovered this to be the perfect work tea. I get involved in my work at times and have, a couple of times, steeped this tea longer than I intended to. I’ve discovered that no bitterness is caused by this.

Uselessly overeducated, bored travel agent for whom teas are a blessed escape. I switched to tea after a lifetime of Pepsi addiction and haven’t looked back.

Las Vegas, NV