I’ve sat through two brews of this tea wondering, sip after sip, how exactly I should describe it but have found myself at a loss for words. Well, here goes nothing!

This is a type of Darjeeling, or so the counter staff at TWG told me, and everything about it — from taste to fragrance — is delicately floral. Perhaps it’s just my wonky nose playing tricks on my brain but at times, drinking this tea felt like drinking silken tofu. It had that kind of smell … oh, I don’t know! This is hard. LOL. I haven’t been able to identify anything that would define this tea.

I’ve been a casual tea drinker for some time now, but have only recently started to approach this whole tea-drinking business more seriously, exploring my options and paying more attention to what I buy. I’m partial to the delicate flavours of “traditional” no-frills Chinese tea but ironically enough, have fallen in love with fancy vintage bone china teacups. Heh.

Singapore