I don’t often drink darjeeling but as I have said before, I really love this blend. I am sitting down in the living room watching the final of the masters snooker tournament, and it’s lovely and homely. I have spent the weekend with friends from university, who I used to wach snooker with. I have had this type of tea for quite a few years and drinking it reminds me of late nights watching the snooker with a slight feeling of panic that exams were coming up and I couldn’t really afford to spend an evening until 12.30am watching wo middle-aged men puzzling over safety shots. Still, it was very absorbing and it still is.

This is one of my late-night teas, which means it’s black and I tend not to have milk. It tastes caffeine-licious so it shouldn’t be late-night tea. It just is.

I moved from the UK to Australia in 2015. I’ve had a fascination with tea since university, and like to try lots of different types. My preference is for real tea over other infusions: green tea, oolong and black, including flavoured varieties. I love encouraging people to try new teas. I also play the trombone.
>90: Some of the best I’ve had so far.
80-90: I love this tea, likely to buy again
70-80: Good tea. Most tea in my cupboard is in this category because it’s fine to drink it all day!
50-70: I’d drink it if it was offered to me, and I’ll drink what’s in the cupboard, but I’m unlikely to buy it again.

Hobart, Australia