I don’t often drink darjeeling but as I have said before, I really love this blend. I am sitting down in the living room watching the final of the masters snooker tournament, and it’s lovely and homely. I have spent the weekend with friends from university, who I used to wach snooker with. I have had this type of tea for quite a few years and drinking it reminds me of late nights watching the snooker with a slight feeling of panic that exams were coming up and I couldn’t really afford to spend an evening until 12.30am watching wo middle-aged men puzzling over safety shots. Still, it was very absorbing and it still is.

This is one of my late-night teas, which means it’s black and I tend not to have milk. It tastes caffeine-licious so it shouldn’t be late-night tea. It just is.

I finished being a student in 2008 and began working in The North, where “tea” means “evening meal” which confuses me regularly. I love encouraging people to try new teas, but when I’m not doing that, I play the trombone, play some sport (badly) and socialise

UK