It was a little bit weird stepping in here because I remembered this place used to sell yarn, and now it’s full of spices! Well, I definitely am a better cook than knitter, so I can’t say I miss Stitch DC. When I came in, the lone sales associate was filling bags at a counter, so I was left to my own devices. There are many large jars filled with spices and blends that you are more than welcome to open and smell. The price for the spices varied. For about $22, I purchased the Garam Masala, Popcorn Blend, Black Salt, and the Black Truffle Salt. I forgot to ask about the rewards card, so didn’t receive one at checkout.
Don’t bother getting tea here. I stood there reading all the descriptions, and nearly every tea invoked a sense of deja vu. It was then I realized that I had several exact variations at home! It’s fair knowledge to most tea aficionados that a lot of tea companies buy from the same wholesaler. If you are looking for “unique” tea, then this isn’t the place.
Case in point:
- S&TE’s Bombay Chai: Black tea leaves blended w/cinnamon, cardamom, orange, pepper, and cloves.
- Mighty Leaf’s Bombay Chai: Black tea leaves with subtle hints of pepper, orange, cinnamon, cardamon, and clove complete this signature black chai tea.
- S&TE’s Orange Dulce: Ceylon and China Black teas are blended with orange slices, jasmine blossoms, and other fruits to make this rich and refreshing tea.
- Mighty Leaf’s Orange Dulce: Black tea with hints of orange, vanilla and jasmine blossoms
- S&TE’s Pear Caramel: Washington state pears blended with Ceylon and China black tea are accented further with sweet caramel bits.
- Mighty Leaf’s Pear Caramel Truffle: black tea is made from Ceylon and Chinese black teas blended with sweet pears, bits of caramel and chocolate cacao nibs for a decadent dessert tea.
S&TE 1 oz Bombay Chai: $4.89
S&TE 4 oz Bombay Chai: $19.17
Mighty Leaf 4 oz Bombay Chai: $9.95
Mighty Leaf 100 foil pack: $49.50*
- I actually bought this for half off during their sale and got 7% cashback via eBates. So if you like the tea here, get a sample and then go buy the exact thing from Mighty Leaf.
I will definitely return for the variety of salts that they offer, just not for the tea.