drank Shincha Sencha Kinari by Maiko

This shincha brews up a deliciously mild first infusion, with hints of stewed spinach, followed by a pleasant second infusion that is even lighter. Although the taste is quite enjoyable, the stunning green of the leaves (both dry and infused) steal the show.

First infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water, 65 deg., 1 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water, 70 deg., 10 min.

Shinobi_cha

I don’t know how you feel about higher sencha ratios (I usually do 1g to 1oz), but I found this one really good using an even higher ratio. I tried 6g leaf, 4oz water, at 160F for just a minute. (Maybe not the way to drink it every day, but definitely worth a try!)

I saw on your 2nd infusion you went for 10 minutes – if you used a higher ratio, you may not have to infuse for as long.

sherubtse

Thanks for your suggestions, Shinobi_cha.

The leaf-to-water ratio is one I have played with numerous times over the years. I am still experimenting with it. Currently, I am leaning towards small leaf amounts so as to maximise the no. of 1st infusions for a given quantity of leaf.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Comments

Shinobi_cha

sherubtse

Thanks for your suggestions, Shinobi_cha.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

I’m a mental health worker, whose hobbies are Tea, Theravada, Toronto, and Tabbies

Toronto, Canada