My first lapsang! I’ve been steeling myself for it all week, trying other smokey blends until I felt ready to try this one. The dry leaves smell like jerky – yup, I definitely get jerky. I like smoked things, so I persevered. I steeped 4 minutes and then added my usual aount of cream/sugar before trying (not brave enough to try this without!) It smells intensely smokey, but the actual taste is a little more mild. I get black pepper and a little sweetness – it’s very nice! I tried a second steeping of the leaves, but I wasn’t very impressed with the results. I’m excited to try more smokey teas!

I’m pretty new to the world of tea! I took up tea drinking to help control my coffee consumption, but it seems that I have just created another sort of monster!

I like strong flavors and bold teas. My favorites types include Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey, and roasted mate. I have recently discovered a love for dessert teas, and my obsession with mint is ongoing.

I am a professional singer, and I’ve had a habit of drinking peppermint and throat coat teas leading up to any performance. I have too many cats and too many hobbies. I blog about sewing and knitting my own clothes (and, most recently, about tea!)

Louisville, Kentucky