drank Genmaicha by Eden

Greenish straw yellow in color. The aroma is a faint roasted brown rice. The first taste has the brown rice up front, mild, and a faint tea taste (but not bitter or green), or the tea and rice taste are hard to separate. There is a faint bitter, roasty aftertaste. There is not much here to taste, but nothing to object to, either.

I tried a 5 minute steep at 175F which did not result in a change or increase in the flavors.

I think this is a pleasant caffeine delivery tea without much to set it apart (or to complain about) Mild.

I need coffee; I love tea.

I have been learning about tea since I was a teenager, but joining Steepster has accelerated my education.

I gave up soda (completely) this Spring and have re-discovered tea to fill the afternoon void.

I like strong, well balanced tastes. I ferment my own mead, cider, and sauerkraut.

I like green tea, oolong, black tea, flavored black tea, pu-erh, and some tisanes! Oh, and Mate, too!

Lately, I have been most enjoying nutty green teas and oolong teas.