Bird's Nest Pu-Erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

From California Tea House

Made from a large leaf variety of Camellia seninses that grows in the Pu-erh province near Yunnan, China; Pu-erh is a ‘post-fermentation’ tea known widely for its amazing health benefits. Like a fine wine that gets better with age, Pu-erh is one of the only teas that actually matures and improves with age.

Our special edition cake Pu-erh, “Tuo Cha” (Bird’s Nest) Pu-erh is pressed into perfect serving size bowls that resemble bird’s nests. Each nest is the perfect size for 2 cups of wonderful Pu-erh tea.

Use filtered or mineral water at a full boil. While Bird’s Nest Pu-erh doesn’t need to be steeped longer than 5-8 minutes, a long infusion of Pu-erh does not bring about an astringent taste. Many of our Bird’s Nest Pu-erh fans tell us this is their ‘on the go’ tea. Throw a nest in your water bottle, pour boiling water over it, and enjoy it during the day or at the office. The nests do not break apart easily and do not need a filter.

Make sure and store a nest or two from each order in moderate temperature. Label each nest with the date and enjoy on a special occasion the flavor development that only time can create.

About California Tea House View company

1 Tasting Note

No eggs in this basket. Just tasty pu-erh tea. Some people think the interest is waning. Not here with my humans. Details: http://is.gd/ePkON

~lauren.

waning interest – in pu-erh? Oh, I didn’t know because I just got into it and ordered a huge pu-erh sample supply… oh dear, out of the loop, I guess!

Little Yellow Teapot

Well, some tea professionals claim they are turning their interest to yellow teas and others. My humans still are exploring pu-erhs. Enjoy the tea!

~lauren.

Oh good – I thought I was sooo out of it – you know, completely out of the loop, not having heard something dreadful about pu-erhs, … something awful… whew! feel better now! :)