Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This is my first genmaicha, and it has quickly become one of my very favourite teas. It's delicious at any time of the day, and it's not picky with water temperature. There is a faint vegetal...” Read full tasting note
    Archimède 9 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This classic combination of Bancha and grilled rice. A gentle balance of grassy japanese tea and the natural sweetness of rice.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This is my first genmaicha, and it has quickly become one of my very favourite teas. It’s delicious at any time of the day, and it’s not picky with water temperature.

There is a faint vegetal aroma coming from the package. After scooping a couple of teaspoons and rinsing the leaves with hot water, the nutty, sweet smell of the toasted rice comes through, masking the grassy notes of the tea leaves.

The recommended steeping instructions on Camellia Sinensis’ website were a temperature of 90°C for 3-4 minutes. This resulted in a light, sweet brew that was relaxing and easy to drink, and retained the heavy aroma of the rice. Another set of instructions I tried came from the Nihoncha Instructor Association, which recommends a short steeping time with boiling water. Following these guidelines the tea came out stronger, but not bitter. Both methods taste great, and the better one should come down to personal preference.

I have no other genmaicha to which to compare this one, but it’s one of my favourite discoveries.