Jun Chiyabari Himalayan Evergreen

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ScottTeaMan

From Rare Tea Republic

Beautifully crafted leaves and well-balanced flavor speak to Jun Chiyabari’s mastery of the art of tea making. This splendid selection, grown ecologically in Nepal’s Dhankuta district, is a tea with a rich, buttery aroma, a smooth mouth-feel and a sweet, clean flavor reminiscent of asparagus and lemon. Plucking date: May 15, 2011.

About Rare Tea Republic View company

I’ve never had a green tea from Nepal before – evidently this is my week to try all things from Nepal and so far I am loving it!

This was steeped for 4 minutes at around 180 F according to the package instructions. I’m totally with LIberTeas on this one, it’s a very unique green! Definitely lemon-y and vegetal with a bit of astringency but thankfully not bitter… I would describe it as clean and zippy. I then decided to resteep the leaves at around 160F for 3 minutes. It got a lot lighter and more delicate so I was for sure more a fan of the first steep. Very cool!

The couple Yunnan greens I’ve tried were….that’s perfect…clean and zippy. Zippy really fits for some reason.

Special Thanks To Liberteas for this!!!

This smells like spinach and asparagus. I agree with the product description and with my Sororitea Sister Liberteas that this tastes like lemon infused asparagus! It’s very nice! It reminds me of the Wildtree Products I sell! (Shameless Self Promotional Plug HERE…if anyone would like to do a book party or virtual party let me know! There are some great host incentives!) Anyhow…the reason this reminds me of our Wildtree products is because we carry a Lemon Flavored Grapeseed Oil. I have roasted Asparagus with it and it tastes just like this!

The is also a pleasant sweetness (with lemony twist) at the end of the sip – which – just might be my favorite part of this particular tea experience!

Yay its always wonderful to find a new favorite! :)

Amazing! This tea really does taste like lemon-infused asparagus! I can even taste a hint of butter in there. It is soft and sweet and very fresh. It’s an exhilarating tea to sip, very uplifting.

This tea is an absolute pleasure to sip … more on this when I write my full-length review for the SororiTea Sisters!

I hope you don’t mind I cleaned the pic up a little and reposted. :p

I don’t mind at all. Thank you @ScottTeaMan!

Awesome thanks to moraiwe for sending me this sample!

This is a really good green tea. The sort of green that reminds me why green tea is the one that led me into the tea world. I have had one other Nepal green that I found to be too citrusy. This one smells of citrus just after brewing, but the dominant flavor is definitely asparagus. yummy!

Dear Evergreen,

I am falling in love with you. Each sip of delicious buttery asparagus brings me closer to you. Your lemony finish makes my heart beat a little faster and my tongue dance in ecstasy. Your delicious creamy, smooth mouthfeel makes me feel like a teenager in lust and I get all twitterpatted when I think about it. My tastebuds adore you and I think this is really meant to be. So please, please never leave me.