Superior Bai Lin Gong Fu

Edit tea info Last updated by Eric

From Canton Tea Co

Other names: Golden Needle Congou, Bai Lin Jin Zhen Congou, Ju Hong
We’ve tracked down the same high grade version that we had last year due to repeated requests from friends and customers who were hooked on it! If you haven’t already experienced this delicious tea, it won the top accolade – 3 stars – in last years Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards and takes the naturally sweet, caramel flavours to a completely new dimension. The liquor is a bright golden brown and as you pour the tea, those distinctive caramel notes are released so the fragrance allows you to anticipate the flavour. The tiny, soft, dark buds are covered in delicate fuzzy orange hairs. It is one of the earliest (and best) Chinese black teas ever to be produced. Brew this Superior grade around 80° so the soft, subtle notes are coaxed out gently.

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

I’m having this one again and this time I added a bit more leaf. It certainly brews up a lovely, dark cup once again. This cup has a bit more of a molasses kind of sweetness. It’s thick and has edges that resemble burnt sugar. It’s not really a milk caramel flavor, but one that is a little smokey, woody and wrapped up with that molasses. There are still earthy and bready flavors that pop out towards the end of the sip — mostly hay and sourdough bread, for me. The sweetness lingers on the tongue long after the cup is empty. Delicious!

Wow. This is nice. I can definitely see why this won top accolade in the Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Like a cup of caramel. Such a unique full bodied smoothness yet still fresh and interesting. I also see how easy this is to get hooked on. Can’t stop drinking this one. So enjoyable!

Jenn

Very nice!

Smooth as can be! One of my all time favorites. Too bad I only have a 20g sample.

Absolutely gorgeous! Sweet, mellow, and subtle with vague milk-chocolate notes.