Lapsang Souchong

Edit tea info Last updated by gramarye1971

• “Thanks, *adagio breeze* for swapping! I used this to make a Lapsang baked tofu. (Recipe from here: http://www.guavarose.com/2012/03/lapsang-souchong-tofu-4/) It turned out great! This was the...” Read full tasting note
    lindseym 180 tasting notes
  • “The scent of a wood-burning fire and the taste reminiscent of a fine single-malt whiskey -- this was the Lapsang Souchong that took me from a fan to a convert. Dense, earthy, smokey, delicious.” Read full tasting note
    gramarye1971 42 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

To give this tea its unmistakable flavour, the plucked leaves are placed in bamboo baskets and smoked over smouldering fires from particular pine trees. Once confined to China’s Fujian province, it is now enjoyed across the globe. Drink it alone, or add a spoonful to other black teas to lend them a hint of its aromatic flavour.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

Thanks, adagio breeze for swapping!
It turned out great! This was the perfect Lapsang to use – strongly smokey with a good amount of depth. Tasted awesome with the saltiness of the shoyu mixed in. It’s making me very tempted to add some salt next time I drink a cup!

TheTeaFairy

OMG! What a great idea this is , never would have thought of that, thank you! I usually add a few drops of liquid smoke to tofu when I BBQ it, but lapsang will add a new dimension to it, love the recipe :-)

CrowKettle

I can’t wait to try out that recipe!

Lindsey

It was delicious and really easy to make!

The scent of a wood-burning fire and the taste reminiscent of a fine single-malt whiskey — this was the Lapsang Souchong that took me from a fan to a convert. Dense, earthy, smokey, delicious.