Dong Ding #1

Oolong Tea
Burnt, Coffee, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by Dr Jim

From Educational TTB 2

Product description not available yet.

About Educational TTB 2 View company

I took a late evening nap that ran too long and consequentially was wide awake in the middle of the night even without the aid of any tea. So why not?

This Dong Ding is much less roasted than I’m used to for a Dong Ding oolong. The taste is light as perhaps a tad more mature…. it’s not a green oolong, but it doesn’t have the characteristic roasted aroma and nuttiness I associate with roasted oolongs, well maybe a touch of nuttiness, but light, like sunflower seeds. The liquor is not very sweet and has a touch floral that lends towards the nose.

carol who

When ever I see the name of this tea I want to sing, “Dong Ding the witch is dead…”

This is the last of the oolongs! I did it! I didn’t try all the oolongs, I just tried one of each kind. The leaves are small, tightly rolled, and dark brown. The smell is a very strong oolong smell and the brew is dark amber. For me though, this oolong is maybe too roasted? It almost tastes burnt. It has a weird, almost coffee-like aftertaste that I was not a fan of at all. It’s just really in your face and not in a good way :-/.

Flavors: Burnt, Coffee, Roasted

sherapop

I’ve noticed that I tend to prefer the less-oxidized, greener oolongs…

Strong spice aroma and taste. Rich and dark with a hint of molasses. Good but straightforward.

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 g 6 OZ / 177 ML