Pai Mu Tan (白牡丹)

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by EntireTea

From English Tea Store

“Jammy” flavor with sweet notes and a delicious lingering finish

About English Tea Store View company

Generally, I think my humans are not too happy with Pai Mu Tans. They’re okay, but others such as Snow Dragon really make my humans happy. This one is alright for a quick cuppa… http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-english-tea-stores-pai-mu-tan.html

This is the third tea that I’ve tasted from English Tea Store… I haven’t been incredibly impressed so far, but this tea actually wasn’t that bad. I would buy it again simply because it’s pretty cheap and good enough to drink on a daily basis, but not really good enough to impress anyone.

Additional notes:
I just tried this tea again so that I could get a better grasp of the taste, but I’m having trouble figuring it out. Overall, it’s very smooth and mild with just a touch of sweetness. It lacks strong floral aromas/flavors that usually turn me off, so that’s a plus. Ultimately, it has that normal “white tea” flavor, but nothing really special. My overall rating is based on the combination of the average flavor and the very low price. At approximately $4 for 2 oz or $12 for 8 oz, this tea can be useful simply to add a little volume to the average tea collection. Also, I noticed that my 1oz sample seems like it’s enough to make at least 5 small pots (5 steeps each), so that’s really cost-efficient.