Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Also good, milky of course but different from Jin Xuan. Drank it last night and didn't keep notes, just remember I liked both and they did taste different but equally milk powerful. IIRC this one...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes

From Joy's Teaspoon

No one will believe that you didn’t add a drop of sweetner, or cream, to this cup!

Our Jin Xuan is a naturally creamy, sweet oolong tea from one of our favorite Taiwanese oolong growers. So what could they possibly do to impress us even more? They cranked up the “milk” factor! By adding natural milk flavors, they took those sweet cream flavors and sent them into orbit!

This tea is ideal for 3+ infusions. Steep at 195-200 to enhance the milky notes. Steep at 200-210 for more floral notes. The steeping time and temperatures below are simply a starting point for brewing and we recommend that you adjust those specs to suit your palate!

This tea has been harvested from the YiPingChun tea garden in Nantou, Taiwan (1500m above sea level). The Tea Master for this garden is Zhi Xing Chen. YiPingChun is approximately 35 hectares and began producing top quality Taiwanese oolongs in 2010.

Origins: Taiwan
Ingredients: Jin Xuan oolong tea, natural milk flavoring
Serving Amount: 1 tsp./8 oz. serving
Temperature: 195-210 degrees
Steep Time: 1st Steep – 1 minute, 2nd Steep – 45 seconds, 3rd Steeping – 1 minute/15 seconds
Serving Size: 1 oz. of tea will provide 12-15 single cup servings
Sourcing: Direct from Grower
Harvest Date: April 2013

About Joy's Teaspoon View company

1 Tasting Note

Also good, milky of course but different from Jin Xuan. Drank it last night and didn’t keep notes, just remember I liked both and they did taste different but equally milk powerful. IIRC this one had an extra vaguely floral-sweet aspect. Sorry I’m not more detailed right now! As flavored Milk Oolongs go, this one was fine but I think I like Teavivre’s a smidge more (I’m way into the way that one smells). On the other hand, Teavivre’s tends to make me jittery and this one was the opposite; it calmed me and didn’t feel very high in caffeine. Not sure why the difference. Both resteep well.