Asian Pear & Ginger

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Iced

From Kombucha Wonder Drink (KWD)

CONTENTS: Filtered water, organic brewed oolong tea (filtered water, organic oolong tea leaves), organic kombucha (filtered water, organic cane juice, organic oolong tea leaves, yeast and bacteria cultures), organic cane juice, organic ginger extract, organic pear flavoring with other natural flavors, carbonation.

About Kombucha Wonder Drink (KWD) View company

My last experience with kombucha wasn’t so hot, but I wanted to give it another chance. This one still smells like beer and tastes a bit like it too, though it’s mixed with something reminiscent of pear cider (the hard stuff). The carbonation ‘bites’ the tongue and leaves a rather sweet fruity aftertaste. I’m also not convinced that there’s no alcohol in this drink as this is a fermented tea and alcohol is a natural by-product of the fermentation process.

It’s…not bad, though I think kombucha might be an aquired taste. Still I’d drink this again.

Iced

Ooh, I remember trying this in April! I was visiting a friend and grabbed a bottle of this to go with my deli sandwich. I really liked it. I’ve had a few bottle kombucha drinks and this one didn’t disappoint: fizzy, sweet, but with a bite to it. It feels like a “grown up” drink to me. It’s not super sweet juice or soda, or a beer (not up my alley) – just light, tasty and refreshing.

Kombucha and ginger were a match made in heaven! I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The fresh pear note in the aftertaste was extremely refreshing.