2006 Menghai Dayi "7572" Pu-erh Tea Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Bitter, Earth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 8 g 6 oz / 165 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bought this in my recent order from Puerhshop. It is an excellent tea and I think has all the hallmarks of being a real Dayi. Puerhshop has been accused of selling fakes but I firmly believe that...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 725 tasting notes

From menghai dayi (puerh shop)

From our Kunming storage comes this classic 7572 ripe tea cake.

A proven product with constant quality, nice and tasty, a very unique ‘Menghai’ flavor, it’s very hard to find a competitor against this cake. This cake has the best investment value seen in the past, a 2005 vintage cake could be seen its original price doubled easily, fetching a 100% return.

This is the tea we admired the most and take it as the benchmark to judge other ripen teas, unfortunately few teas come close! It is an enjoy-now tea that you would be very pleased.

Pu-erh Tea Cake 357g
Vintage 2006
Premium class
Fermented
Loose tea leaves
Caffeine: Moderate

About menghai dayi (puerh shop) View company

1 Tasting Note

Bought this in my recent order from Puerhshop. It is an excellent tea and I think has all the hallmarks of being a real Dayi. Puerhshop has been accused of selling fakes but I firmly believe that this is real. The wrapper and the seal were affixed in a manner of a real Dayi. It is a quality tea taste wise, although it still needs to age a little. If this is a fake it is as good as the real thing and that is unlikely.

There was a fair amount of bitterness in the early steeps that persisted for several steeps before transforming into a fruity sweetness. This was a highly enjoyable tea despite the fact that there was still a fair amount of fermentation flavor. You would think a 2006 tea would have fully cleared but this one has not. I would say the fermentation flavor persisted for the first five steeps.

I brewed this ten times in a 180ml teapot with 10.5g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse and a 10 minute rest. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, and 1 minute. I should add that Puerhshop sells this for an excellent price of only $34. It was a bargain.

Flavors: Bitter, Earth, Sweet