Huang Jin Gui
- Varietal: Huang Jin Gui
- Alternate Names: Royal Golden Turtle, Golden Osmanthus
- Harvest: Fall, 2009
- Growing Region: Anxi County, Fujian
- Roast: Heat dried, no roasting
- Vacuum Sealed into 50 gram portions
- 10% off orders of 2 to 4 × 50g bags (100-200 g); 15% off orders of 5 or more x 50g bags (250g or more).
The name of this particular tea cultivar is Huang Jin Gui, which roughly translates to “Royal Golden Turtle.” (FYI: Some refer to this particular tea cultivar as “Golden Osmanthus” in English)
Huang Jin Gui has a distinctive smoothness and a more pronounced and lingering “Hui Gan” (aftertaste) than some high grade Tie Guan Yin oolongs from the same region. It posesses lovely & distinct floral overtones, but this tea is less overtly “Lilac-flowery” & bittersweet than the high grade Tie Guan Yin oolongs that we offer. A true treat that was harvested in late September, 2009. Not to be missed!