Silver Mountain Water

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tease

• “Silly silly me. I read and believed the description! If you get this, try not to read the label too much. I found it a fairly nice basic green-ish oolong. Similar to a Ti Kwan Yi style. A...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I received this tea in my Amoda Box back in October. It's a nice Oolong. Sweet and creamy. Like the others who have previously reviewed this tea, I didn't get any fig or raisin-y...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4461 tasting notes
  • “Silly me, I did the same thing as the only other person who logged this tea. I read the description and believed it...haha....hahahahaha! Figs? nope. Raisins? not even close. Honeysuckle? maybe,...” Read full tasting note
    feralanima 174 tasting notes
  • “ I received this in a sampler pack as a Christmas gift, so I wouldn't have chosen this for myself but it was very green full leaves so it looked high quality like most teas from Octavia. This would...” Read full tasting note
    Jojopie 9 tasting notes

From Octavia Tea

Oolong tea is prized for its anti-aging properties and body-slimming effects. Silver Mountain Water is a classic, reserve-grade oolong with a smooth, creamy texture and a profoundly sweet, aromatic flavor. Sit back and savor this tea’s flavorful echoes of sun-warmed figs, raisin sugar & honeysuckle.

About Octavia Tea View company

Silly silly me. I read and believed the description! If you get this, try not to read the label too much. I found it a fairly nice basic green-ish oolong. Similar to a Ti Kwan Yi style. A slightly creamy mouthfeel, and a basic nice green flavor. Not a bad oolong, but I didn’t find the raisins or warmed figs.

I’ll play with the parameters, maybe I can get it to change.

Backlog:

I received this tea in my Amoda Box back in October. It’s a nice Oolong. Sweet and creamy. Like the others who have previously reviewed this tea, I didn’t get any fig or raisin-y notes. I did taste a slight apple-y note to it though. Delicate vegetative notes. Soft notes of flower.

My first few infusions delivered that soft, creamy taste and texture that you typically would experience with a greener Oolong, with hints of a vegetal background. Notes of flower.

Later infusions is where I noticed the apple-y, fruit notes start to emerge, but, none of the dried fruit sweetness that you might expect from “warmed figs” and “raisins” as suggested in the description of this tea.

Not a bad Oolong though.

Silly me, I did the same thing as the only other person who logged this tea. I read the description and believed it…haha….hahahahaha! Figs? nope. Raisins? not even close. Honeysuckle? maybe, no, not really. This is a green oolong that I found similar to Ti Quan Yin. Floral and slightly buttery with large dark green leaves. It’s good, but don’t believe the description.

I received this in a sampler pack as a Christmas gift, so I wouldn’t have chosen this for myself but it was very green full leaves so it looked high quality like most teas from Octavia. This would probably be considered a “pearls before swines” situation because to me this tasted the way that fish smells.