Mayan Chocolate Truffle

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dixie_Amazon

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Let's start with the smell. It smells so chocolate-y and spicy and fruity. I was really looking forward to drinking this. Then while it was brewing, it smelled like hot chocolate with fruity...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 509 tasting notes

From Red Stick Spice

A uniquely flavored herbal with dried chilies, dark chocolate, and other flowers.
This caffeine free herbal tea is a good alternative to traditional chai tea.

About Red Stick Spice View company

1 Tasting Note

Let’s start with the smell. It smells so chocolate-y and spicy and fruity. I was really looking forward to drinking this. Then while it was brewing, it smelled like hot chocolate with fruity spicy flavors. I let this steep for a good long while since I wanted maximum flavor. I knew I’d be adding milk and sugar.
At first sip, I was greeted by the slight burn from the spice. Then, a nice full chocolate flavor with a sour fruity finish. I was startled by the sourness. It seemed out of place with chocolate. Then I added my evaporated milk and honey and I got sort of used to the sour. It, however, remained a minor background buzzing that I couldn’t quite ignore. Hmm…I’d say this would be pretty near perfect if not for the fruity sourness. I’d consider getting more, but I’ll have to explore my options some more. :) I need to find that perfect chocolate spice herbal tea!

Thanks for sending this teataku!