China Fujian Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Earth, Roasted, Smoke, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by carawaysunrise

• “i served it over 663times when i worked for part time in resto. it was not a bestseller cause normally people are not familiar with tea oolong in paris, When it comes to its price vs quality, it's...” Read full tasting note
    jungyeon 20 tasting notes
  • “I grabbed this today, because 125g for less than $2 was worth taking a chance on, and I was kind of charmed and amused by the brand name. This is okay. Nothing spectacular. It's a pretty simple...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 282 tasting notes
  • “Curious, I purchased this tea at a heath-food store: I read something, somewhere regarding the health benefits of Oolong tea--I have since forgotten what those benefits are. I'd also read...” Read full tasting note
    MareBear 5 tasting notes
  • “I was really hoping this one would be good. I got this one and another one in a yellow box from the same brand while I was in Hong Kong. The leaves smell like raisins for some reason. When you...” Read full tasting note
    solidtux 7 tasting notes

From Sea Dyke Brand

Oolong.

About Sea Dyke Brand View company

i served it over 663times when i worked for part time in resto. it was not a bestseller cause normally people are not familiar with tea oolong in paris, When it comes to its price vs quality, it’s great deal. it’s neither too strong or too mild, smells like wood but i can’t describe it with the words like fantastic or horrible, just like a dried wood.. i’ve only tried in straight way, without sugar or milk.

This is okay. Nothing spectacular. It’s a pretty simple oolong without a lot of nuance. Roasty, woody, earthy notes that are a wee bit smoky on the finish, but that don’t really develop much. Still, perfectly drinkable and you can’t really beat that price.

The dry leaf is dark and crinkled. Not quite rolled into balls, but not really twisted either. Somewhere in between. It smells like the steeped cup tastes.

If you’re looking for a complex oolong this is not it. But for something simple to sip and not pay much attention to, you can’t really beat the value for your money.

Flavors: Earth, Roasted, Smoke, Wood

Curious, I purchased this tea at a heath-food store: I read something, somewhere regarding the health benefits of Oolong tea—I have since forgotten what those benefits are. I’d also read something, somewhere, saying Oolong is the tea served at Chinese restaurants, so, I figured I’d try it. This is an earthy tea which will probably take me some getting used to.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I was really hoping this one would be good. I got this one and another one in a yellow box from the same brand while I was in Hong Kong. The leaves smell like raisins for some reason. When you steep it, it smells like wood. Or something. The taste is okay, but that smell is so overpowering that I just can’t drink it. My quest for good oolong continues…

earthy, delicate, rich, smooth.
I found this at a local Asian grocery store, and was surprised to find that it was a lovely loose leaf, and not nearly as expensive as most Oolongs.