Liquorice Star

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another tea that is too bizarre to even contemplate rating! There really should be a weird squiggly-mouthed spiral-eyed Steepster rating face for such unrateable teas. The aroma is faintly...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From t Leaf T

Liquorice combined with fennel seed and peppermint make a refreshing and naturally sweet infusion. Lip smackingly good!

About t Leaf T View company

1 Tasting Note

The aroma is faintly sweet, with the fennel reminding me of a good curry. This is really not a smell I want from something I am about to drink, but I brace myself and go for it anyway.
The mixture of the three herbs together create the most insane sensation in my mouth that I have ever experienced. At first you get the savoury notes of the fennel with a hint of peppermint and you’re thinking, hmm this is a bit weird. Then as you swallow this great syrupy sweet liquorice root thing rises on the back of your tongue and hangs down your throat. After experiencing this 3 times, I couldn’t handle anymore. I might play around with brewing times later when I have gotten over my initial trauma – perhaps this is another herbal blend that should be brewed for a shorter time than recommended?

Pamela Dean

If i may share my experience, when i am overwhelmed by the flavor of a tisane, or tea, whatever, i dilute with water after it’s steeped. Just keep adding water until it is drinkable. Usually there’s a point where it is. Sometimes not. Gives an idea of what it might be like if i use less tea next time, or more water, for making the tea. And then there are these 2 pearls:

Adjust temperature & steep length for getting best FLAVOR from tea.
Adjust water-to-leaf ratio for STRENGTH of tea.

May all your cups be full.

Miss Sweet

I was too exhausted after 3 mouthfuls of this so didn’t want to experiment with diluting/trial and error with the rest of the cup haha. An adventurous way of going about making something drinkable though! I tend to adjust brewing times first, then vary the quantity if that doesn’t work (at a much later date than my initial tasting).