Lapsang Souchong

Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I really want to like this tea but I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen. The smell is incredible - rich and campfire smokey, but its not something I can stomach drinking at all. I tried this plain and...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From t Leaf T

Produced for centuries, the uniqueness of this famous Fujian black tea is the deep and lasting smokey aroma. A pine smoked tea that has absorbed the scent during the drying process, resulting in a rich and distinctive smooth malty finish.

About t Leaf T View company

1 Tasting Note

I really want to like this tea but I’m afraid it ain’t gonna happen. The smell is incredible – rich and campfire smokey, but its not something I can stomach drinking at all. I tried this plain and hated it, then took a coworkers suggestion to try it with milk and still hated it. The milk seems to mute the tea and enhance the smoked flavour which didn’t help me at all, but may help you if you enjoy Lapsang but find it too intense. I much prefer a Russian Caravan or Yunnan Golden Tips for a smokey black tea that isn’t overwhelming.

Cofftea

The only way I can stand it is to make a tea mixed drink by adding a lil whiskey to it.