Royal Gui Fei Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by scarlettdoom

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This might be the smoothest darker green type of oolong that I’ve tasted thus far. It reminds me a lot of the first oolong I drank which entered me into the world of tea slowly. I’m...” Read full tasting note
    Proust614 390 tasting notes

From Tealux

Winter 2011 Harvest of our well-loved Gui Fei Royal Oolong.

This tea is extremely limited. It has a long round clover honey sweetness, surrounded by wildflower notes and a nice tilled soil kind of depth. What makes this honey oolong stand out from the others we cupped when selecting this type of tea is the intense aromatics, overall body of the liquor, and complexity of flavor. It has a fullness and depth of character that continues even at room temperature or even cold. Multiple steeping reveal rich nutty earthiness and a more refined sweetness.

Story:

Gui Fei Oolong was created by a group of young tea farmers from Luku township in 2000. After the big earthquake 9/21, the tea farmers in Luku township were engaged in rebuilding their hometown and neglected to manage their tea gardens which led to the tea leaves being chomped by the “tea leafhopper”. After these tea leaves were picked and produced according to traditional Dong Ding Oolong tea method with a long fermentation, it turned out the tea liquor was crystal clear orange color and full of honey or litchi aroma. The green leaves were surrounded by red edges and looked very elegant and poised just like an ancient Gui Fei (The highest-ranking imperial concubine). Its flavor and aroma are different from traditional Dong Ding Oolong tea, which is why it is named Dong Ding Gui Fei tea or Gui Fei Oolong tea.

AKA Gui Fei Royal Courtesan, Gui Fei Oolong, Gui Fei Mei Ren, Noble Concubine, Honey Oolong

About Tealux View company

1 Tasting Note

This might be the smoothest darker green type of oolong that I’ve tasted thus far. It reminds me a lot of the first oolong I drank which entered me into the world of tea slowly. I’m unsure what roman letters to align together in creation of English words to conclude remarks for this tea… I just really enjoy it.

Ubacat

Tealux sure has some great oolongs!