hei cha

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

• “I used a serrated knife to cut this cube in half, which worked well. This tea is sweet in an earthy, straw-like way, and a perfect all-day sipping tea. It's also impossible to over-steep--I left...” Read full tasting note
    potatowedges 98 tasting notes
  • “This tea comes in cubes and brews up to a medium dark color (reminds me of a darker Indian tea in color) but turns pitch black the longer it sits. It starts off with an earthy flavor but finishes...” Read full tasting note
    Knightofspears 8 tasting notes

From TeaSource

This “Dark” tea from Hunan province comes in small pieces approximately 1 inch square and breaks in half to brew a cup. It steeps up medium-bodied with buoyant, fresh, clean, sweet earthy notes in the aroma and taste. You should infuse the same leaves many times. A delicious and unique tea.

About TeaSource View company

I used a serrated knife to cut this cube in half, which worked well. This tea is sweet in an earthy, straw-like way, and a perfect all-day sipping tea. It’s also impossible to over-steep—I left some going for maybe 15 minutes and it was still delicious and not at all bitter. I’m really excited to have this more—it’s really everything I could want…

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea comes in cubes and brews up to a medium dark color (reminds me of a darker Indian tea in color) but turns pitch black the longer it sits. It starts off with an earthy flavor but finishes like caramel. I have come to like this Hunan version of Pu-ehr much more than even expensive puehr tea cakes, and it is priced far more reasonably than puehr.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more