Red Hot Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Robbin12

• “Backlog: Chai blends are some of my favorite teas to enjoy this time of year. As soon as autumn starts to peek in with it's chill in the air, I am starting to check out chai teas, and now that we...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4613 tasting notes
  • “In the pouch, this smells like a box of Red Hots, and resembles redwood chips and dead flowers. Brewed, it yields a nice rich amber color and smells of Red Hots and a childhood medicine whose name...” Read full tasting note
    Robbin12 31 tasting notes

From The Tea Spot

This strong spiced chai kicks the cold away with the season’s boldest flavors: red rooibos, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, chai spices and a kiss of vanilla come together in this complex yet balanced herbal chai tea. Naturally caffeine-free and high in antioxidants and minerals, Red Hot Chai’s rooibos base provides health benefits and a mild honey sweetness to compliment the bold flavors of a traditional masala chai. Absolutely decadent when made with steamed milk as a chai tea latte (see recipe tab), Red Hot Chai is sure to please palates any time of day this season.

About The Tea Spot View company

Backlog:

Chai blends are some of my favorite teas to enjoy this time of year. As soon as autumn starts to peek in with it’s chill in the air, I am starting to check out chai teas, and now that we are in to winter … I’m enjoying chai pretty often. I like being warmed from the inside out the way the spicy chai blends do.

This was a really good rooibos chai. Very strongly of cinnamon, it reminds me of Red Hot candies. I can also taste notes of cardamom and ginger, and there is a hint of vanilla to this too. And the vanilla is my favorite part of this blend … I love how it melds with the spicy to give this a sweet yet spicy taste.

Not a lot of “rooibos” flavor here. Perhaps a slight nutty tone to it but it all works together in a very tasty way.

In the pouch, this smells like a box of Red Hots, and resembles redwood chips and dead flowers. Brewed, it yields a nice rich amber color and smells of Red Hots and a childhood medicine whose name escapes me. Tastewise, it’s not doing a thing for me. It tastes just the way it smells, like Red Hots and medicine. I definitely will not be trying this again!