Golden Honey Dew

Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 581 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. ...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

I sent a sachet of this over to MissB and NayLynn and it seems as though they both drank it today!
Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn’t enough. This is my last sachet and YOU BET I’LL BE STOCKING UP ON THIS TEA WHEN I VISIT LUPICIA NEXT WEEK.
I’m probably not going to go to San Francisco till this time next year so… dang I have to stock up.

This is technically a sipdown, but I’m not going to bother taking out out of my cupboard since I know I’ll be getting some more within the next week :)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
VariaTEA

A rooibos honeydew tea? Yum!

jump62359

Yes yes, this is definitely one of my favourite teas ever! A really good every day tea, but because it’s just hard to purchase (it’s in-store only), I only save it for when I really want it :)

VariaTEA

Understandable. If only it were available in LA instead of SF, then I could send my Dad to go pick some up :P

jump62359

I’m sure you’ve read my other notes about how excited I am to fly back home and take a trip to SF next week, but I know I’m going to be stocking up on my Honey Dew and I can send you a small sample if you’d like!

VariaTEA

That is a very kind offer but I would hate to take any of it away from you since you can’t access it easily and love it so much. Thank you though.

jump62359

Are you sure? I’m mainly stocking up on this tea for this very reason! I know it’s a hard tea to get to, but fairly easy for me. Mother loves me oh so very much so if I ever run out of this tea, I know she wouldn’t mind taking a trip to the city with father and mailing it to me :)

VariaTEA

Alright. You twisted my arm :P. I can send you money for it or I can send you teas if you like.

jump62359

Oh no no, no need to send me tea or money! Just think of it as a gift from me to you!
I’ll contact you in like a week or so to get your mailing address :)

VariaTEA

Awesome! And if you ever see anything in my cupboard you want to try, don’t hesitate to ask.

RandomlyFascinated

I saw you talking about this in one of the ttbs. It sounds so yummy! How much does it cost in the store? Too bad SF and Indiana are nowhere near each other :(

this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i’ve ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong.
if you have a chance to try this tea you really should.
i steeped every last drop of flavor out of this first tea bag.

thank you jump62359! thank you so much for sending me this great swap!
it started so innocently on my part, all i wanted was to try Watson’s Mustache. (cuz i love Watson! but i kinda don’t love chai.) simple plan and all.
and next thing i knew, i was hyper-ed up about getting to try lots of hobbit blends i thought i’d never get to taste! (boyfriend called them contraband. i’m gonna re-sell them on the black market for top dollahh!)

this honey dew tea was an uber bonus to the swap. uber uber.

other news:
i also received a new big fat beautiful mug in the mail yesterday too
so i may have over done the tea a bit today haha

btw, if any of you who follow me have ADHD chat me up in a message! i wanna talk about how tea may or may not effect you.
when i say i drink a lot of tea, i’m not sure other people understand, and it’s definitely different than coffee ya know…

Stephanie

Green rooibos is slightly more tolerable than regular IMO…cute mug too :)

Shmiracles

green really is better. i have david’s 3 lemon green that i also find very tolerable, …i might even say i like it hah.

caile

That is a nice fat mug – so cute!

Stephanie

I had David’s Green and Fruity…and it was drinkable :)

Lynxiebrat

I had found myself getting alittle weary of rooibos and then having a green one knock my socks off.

hmmm might need to try this sometime

I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just about everything about it.

Anyone who has tried this rooibos have anything similar that I’d like?

I got to try this out of the “Considering Another Traveling Teabox” Teabox.

I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw “Golden Honey Dew” as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. But sure, why not? I’m Californian and like honeydew, maybe it is ‘our thing.’

I can’t remember if I’ve had ‘green rooibos’ in any other blends. The liquor still turns out a deep reddish-orange, like regular ‘red’ rooibos. I can’t taste much of a difference, either, but that could simply be because the melon flavor DOMINATES this tea. It’s the first thing you smell when you open the tin, and the scent of juicy honeydew floats over the teacup. It’s very sweet and refreshing – definitely worth checking out if you’re in the Bay Area and want to try this regional tea blend from Lupicia.

Honeydew lovers, this is for you. I tried this both hot and cold-brewed, and I preferred cold. That way, the rooibos (although the mild green variety) isn’t as prominent, and it’s basically a fruity sensation. It’s already a bit sweet, but adding just that touch of extra sugar enhances the already-strong melon taste. Very refreshing for this hot weather we’re having!

Iced 8 min or more

Well, that was pretty awesome. As usual, Lupicia does a great job again.

One of my first Lupicia teas was their Melon White Tea and this melon-flavoured tea reminded me a bit of it. It is very tasty and has a great, powerful but not overbearing flavour. The green rooibos is excellent as usual, and makes for a very nice cup. Excellent!

During a trip to San Francisco I came across Lupicia in the mall. I love tea so I spent a long time smelling and looking at all the tea. I heard someone talking about this tea so I asked about it. The sales girl made me a tester and it was great. I bought some right there. The HoneyDew fragrance is great and it tastes just the same. It’s not overpowering just a nice taste. If I didn’t have to order it I would buy it again and make ice tea with it.

I, for one, welcome our new Melon Overlords.

The dry uh, leaves smell like a nice, ripe honeydew melon. And brewed, it reminds me of these Japanese gummy candies I really like. There is a sweet, fruity flavour. Lupicia, you’ve convinced me I enjoy melon flavour teas. Which is a accomplishment since I was skeptical. It is also my new fave green rooibos. Thanks to Ost for this.

Flavors: Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL THE NEW DOCTOR WHO!!!

Okay, I got that off my chest :-)

Golden Honey Dew… yum, yum, yummy. Scent, taste and aroma are very melon-y. When I tried to sip it right away it was too hot and I didn’t get the melon but I did get a burned tongue. After it cooled a bit and I added some stevia I found the most delightful melon flavor. It really fills the mouth nicely and has a very refreshing taste. I am really enjoying this. I could definitely add this to my cupboard! I imagine it is good cold but I really am enjoying it hot. Thanks NayLyn!

Now on to other things… It was the first day of school here. I’m retired but I am helping a friend of mine (who has low vision) with her first – second grade split of 34 STUDENTS!! When she took the job, after two years on disability, the principal said there would be 22 kids altogether. Now there are 34! The air conditioner isn’t working. It’s hot!! In a very short time I had forgotten how noisy, whiny, distracted etc. they are the first day of school. (It must be like childbirth where you forget how awful it is when it is over) If she gets 2 more students and the school board approves they can split it into separate first grade and second grade classes. If you have any spare 1st or 2nd grade students at home please send them to Highland School Elgin, IL.

Flavors: Melon

Roswell Strange

My roommate is flipping out about new Who; and I’m feeling incredibly guilty that I never got caught up with Eleven…

mj

I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEW WHO! Also, Roswell, Eleven is the best one! You must catch up!

Lariel

Doctor Who! (With the guy from Fire of Pompeii.)

Yesssss! FINALLY get to try this. I’ve been RIDICULOUSLY excited about this tea. Like you have no idea.xD Ever since I had their Melon Oolong I’ve been desperate to try the famous Golden Honeydew!
Not even exaggerating. I ordered 5 tins of this tea. That’s kinda a big risk xD But I figured if it’s anything like Melon Oolong it will just be incredible and I should stock up on it while I can. :P
Well. Good news, guys. I didn’t waste my money!
Kinda feel a bit bummed out about the Momoko tea, but I was not disappointed by this one.
When I opened the bag I was hit by a strong wave of honeydew. Ugh. It was amazing. One of the strongest teas I’ve ever smelled.
As for taste, the initial taste was strong like the smell but it didn’t seem to last all throughout the actual drink. This probably won’t make sense…but you know when you swallow a tea and it tastes different from when you first sip it? That’s kinda how this tea is. Perhaps it’s the rooibos base that makes it taste like the flavor doesn’t last all the way through…but…I don’t know.
Haha that probably makes 0 sense. xD You just gotta try it and you’ll understand what I mean! :P But it’s an amazing tea overall. I think I might actually like the melon oolong and this one the same. They’re both wonderful teas and I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. Definitely worth trying!!
But if any of you order from Lupicia and this flavor isn’t available, definitely order Melon Oolong, because it’s pretty similar!
Both are amazing!! :D :D

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Mandy

Phew, glad you like it so much, 5 tins is a heck of a lot when it comes to teas you don’t care for.

Ost

Yeah…I was pretty confident I would like it. xD

boychik

And you would see a line of ppl dying to buy it from you in a case you didn’t like it.

True haha!
Well if anyone is interested in trying it, hit me up and I can send ya some! (:

Marzipan

If you decide to sell a tin…

Haha I think I might like it too much to do that. :P
But if I happen to get sick of it before I finish all 5 cans I’ll let youguys know haha

albertocanfly

Oh my lordy! FIVE tins?! Hahaah, you are one crazy lady! I’m going to be hearing about this tea for agesss now…tehehe:P Glad that you adore it so much!

Ost

Haha it probably won’t last too long, so don’t worry :P haha