Spicy Chai Tea

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I may have gone wrong when brewing this one. I used more tea than the package called for, as I usually do because I like a strong, robust flavor. But because this blend contains so many spices,...” Read full tasting note
    follepetite 39 tasting notes

From The Tea Table

Our Spicy Chai tea is a very flavorful chai that is heavy on the cinnamon and cloves to keep you warm! The flavor holds up well to milk and is wonderful with some sugar or a drop of honey. Contains black tea, aniseed, cinnamon bark, ginger root, black pepper, cloves, chicory root, and flavoring. Be sure to turn your container of chai upside-down a few times as the powdered spices can settle at the bottom of a bag during transit, or over time on a shelf. Use one teaspoon per cup and brew in freshly boiled water for about 4 minutes.

About The Tea Table View company

1 Tasting Note

I may have gone wrong when brewing this one. I used more tea than the package called for, as I usually do because I like a strong, robust flavor. But because this blend contains so many spices, brewing it extra strong makes the flavors too overwhelming and muddled. The brewed tea ended up being extremely fragrant, almost floral. Not what I was looking for, although the deep reddish-brown color was gorgeous.

I was glad to see that the cinnamon did not outshine all the other flavors, however. I’ll definitely give this one another proper try, using only 1tsp per 8oz water. No rating until I can brew a good enough cup.